Our Clowndoctors in the Classroom programme utilises improvisational skills and expertise in non-verbal communication to maximum effect as we tailor activities to suit individual needs. We focus on reaching the child behind the condition or set of behaviours.
We help individual learners with complex additional support needs achieve educational outcomes within the Curriculum for Excellence by addressing:
- literacy & language
- dance & movement
- music & expressive arts
- health & wellbeing
- drama & role playing
- giving access to performing arts and musical activities
- providing an outlet for creativity and expression
- allowing children to feel empowered and in control
- overcome feelings of anxiety, isolation and boredom
- improve self-esteem and self confidence
Our work in the classroom is delivered over the course of the school year, allowing Clowndoctors to build lasting relationships with each child, empowering them to reach their full potential.
- Mavisbank School (Airdrie)
- Beatlie School (Livingston)
- Oaklands School (Edinburgh)
- Royal Blind School (Edinburgh)
- Camphill (Aberdeen)
"I usually only see him that relaxed when he is on his own. It was lovely to see him like that while he was also engaging with you."